Since opening our doors in Halifax in May 1982, Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlantic has helped more than 25,000 families that have stayed with us when they had to travel to Halifax for medical treatment. Our House is one of 15 Houses across Canada and one of more than 360 around the world.
In 2007, we opened the first Ronald McDonald Family Room in Canada at the IWK Health Centre and in 2011 we opened a second Family Room at the Moncton Hospital. Today, there are 16 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in hospitals across the country, with more expected to open due to an unprecedented demand from hospitals, and a growing focus on family-centred care.
- In 2019, we supported 2,067 families through our Ronald McDonald House & Family Rooms
- In 2019, we provided 4,195 nights of comfort to families
- In 2019, we had 38,094 visits to our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlantic helps families with sick children stay together and near the medical care they need.
- Lead with compassion
- Focus on the critical needs of children and their families
- Celebrate the diversity of our people and programs
- Value our heritage
- Operate with accountability and transparency