Our McDonald’s Relationship
We are sincerely grateful for the support of our founding and forever partner, McDonald’s. Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada, McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Limited and its founder, George Cohon, as well as McDonald’s Owner/Operators and their supplier network, continue to provide critical support for our families.
Funds are raised from the McDonald’s Family, in partnership with RMHC Canada, in the following ways:
- McDonald’s Happy Meal Program
- McDonald’s RMHC Cookies
- Sponsorship of our Ronald McDonald House Golf Classic and Ronald McDonald House PJ Walk for Kids
- McHappy Day – an annual day of giving in support of local children’s charities, including RMHC Chapters
- Coin box donations from McDonald’s customers
- Kiosk donations from McDonald’s customers – “rounding up” their order or selecting a donation amount.
Members of the McDonald’s Family serve as volunteers on our Board of Directors and committees, and participate in our Maritime fundraising events. Many of McDonald’s suppliers also provide support through volunteerism, financial donations and providing goods and services.
In 2018, donations from the McDonald’s Family accounted for approximately 49% of our overall fundraising revenues. McDonald’s is the largest corporate partner of RMHC Atlantic and we are deeply thankful for the continued commitment of every crew person, manager, franchisee, corporate employee and customer who help us keep families together.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund our programs and the growth needed to serve more families. We need the support of the entire Maritime community and greatly value any support you can offer, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.